Potato Corn Chowder – As Seen on YoVin Vlog
Yes, I wanted soup, in Florida, on a 93 degree day. Hear me out. I had my first filling. I had just left the dentist. My face was numb and all kinds of feeling weird. I was hungry but scared to eat! I thought, soup should work. Vinnie always to my rescue whipped up potato corn chowder for me in no time. It was delicious but it was still hard to eat!
If you haven’t seen the Vlog post be sure to check it out here.
Potato Corn Chowder
By: Vinnie Olivieri
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 25 min
Yields: 2 Happy Servings
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Flour
- 2 Cups of Milk
- 2-4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 Serrano Pepper
- 1 Bunch Green Onion (chopped)
- 2 Potatoes (We like Yukon Gold)
- 1/2 Fresh or Frozen Corn Kernels
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- 6 Wild Florida Gulf Shrimp
- Couple of Splashes of White Wine
1. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and stir in flour to make a roux.
2. Whisk in milk.
3. Add potatoes, garlic, Serrano pepper, half of green onion, corn and curry powder. Stir and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce to low simmer, stirring often to not let it stick and burn.
5. In a small saucepan melt a tablespoon of butter.
6. Add 1-2 clove(s) of garlic, all 6 shrimp, and a couple splashes of white wine.
7. Cook for 2 minutes per side.
8. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
9. Add the liquid from the pan to the soup.
10. Peel Shrimp.
11. Place the shrimp in the bottom of your bowls.
12. Ladle soup over the shrimp, sprinkle some green onion over the top.